Caring For Gold
Daily Tips for a Lasting Shine
While Gold is a durable metal and intended to be long lasting, without the proper care your gold can get scratched and dented.
Incorporating the recommended daily tips into your routine will increase the longevity of your shine and upkeep the quality.
How To Take Care of Your Gold
– Avoid harsh chemicals, such as everyday cleaning solutions.
– Do not swim in chlorine water. It is very damaging to pure gold.
– Clean once a month: 2 parts water 1-part detergent free dish soap.
– Polish gold with polishing cloth in between cleanings.
– Avoid excess makeup build up, such as neck bronzer & foundation.
– Properly support back of hoops when clasping on & off to avoid breakage.
Cleaning & Polishing
To maintain its beautiful luster, clean your gold jewelry 1x/month
1. First, clean with mild detergent and lukewarm water, using your fingers or a soft cloth. Or, use a nonabrasive jewelry cleaner specifically designed for gold.
You may help yourself with a soft-bristled brush (such as a baby toothbrush) to gently loosen more stubborn dirt in hard-to-reach places.
Never use toothpaste or baking soda!
2. Rinse your jewelry in warm water
3. Let it dry completely
4. Buff with a soft, dry, lint free cloth
FJC In The Wild